Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's! (a little late)

Happy belated Valentine's! How did you spend your day?

Well, I started off by working in the morning... Hubby thought he was being funny by sending me a gorgeous bouquet to my job and signing it from "Your Secret Admirer :)"... Later we went out for Thai food, I will have to get him to send me the picture of my meal again and post it... I ordered the Tilapia special, and it was the whole fish! It was delish, but a little intimidating! So it was a good day...

Valentine's got me thinking about writing again, but to be honest, my characters are just not cooperating at the moment, they are sitting around doing nothing in particular... I know where they need to be going, but not quite sure how the action should take them there... And their dialogue is really stilted at this point, they sound like tards, not at all the spicy zing I want right now... I will have to kick their butts later...

Later today is a management meeting where I will sit and listen and not much else because my location is still not ready, and I will just accept their apologies for the wait and stew privately since I'm not being paid for the glorious title of manager just yet... But the best things come to those who wait, and I have waited this long, what's a few more weeks, right? :|

A few more days left of my current class, and only one more after that and my second Associates degree will be complete... this time in Business Administration! Can't wait, I think I will feel a little more creative when that stress is gone and I am making a go of it at my new job. Things just need to settle down, I can't be creative under pressure, it comes when it will and I can't rush it or I will freak out and leave it... Hence the pile of unfinished stories... More power to you writers out there that can pound away and edit to your heart's content later, that's too much like real WORK! :)

No comments: