Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School and New Excerpt

It's that time of year again! That's right, back to school...
Today is the first day of school for my kids. I have three boys: the oldest is 13 and in 8th grade, then I have a  7 year old in 2nd, and my youngest, 5, started kindergarten today. I am proud to say I managed not to cry as I watched them all get on the bus this morning! It is both a relief and a little heart-breaking to have an empty house all day. For starters, I can either work on writing or go back to sleep if I choose (unless I have to work during the day), and the choice is nice, perhaps I can get more done?? At the same time, I am also thinking that I am on my way to being an empty-nester, and that just makes me feel old!
We haven't ruled out the possibility of ever having another child, but we would like to actually plan and prepare for parenthood this time around, the other boys were all 'happy accidents'. There are a lot of things to consider there. I loved being pregnant, enjoyed easy labors (that's a whole series of stories), and there is nothing in the world like holding a little baby in your arms. But what if we don't have another? Will I always wonder 'what-if'? I mean, a little girl would be sweet, but I'd take another boy too, I'm used to that!
Any other parents out there? Are your kids grown? When did you realize or choose not to have more children, and how did that make you feel? Were we made of money, it would not even be a question, I would continue to pop out kids, haha, what does that say about me?
I know this has nothing to do with writing, except that I've been considering getting Salome pregnant during the course of her story, and with the boys gone, it just got me thinking about my own situation.
Speaking of Salome, would like to announce that Chapter Three is now available, so check it out!

No comments: